[ros-users] URDF Gazebo problem

Andreas Vogt andreas.vogt at dfki.de
Thu May 6 10:06:23 UTC 2010

Hi John,

Thanks your example worked but still I don't know how the information
goes from xml file to the controller.
Still there are some questions. How I can use this:

     <!-- PR2_ACTARRAY -->
       <controller:gazebo_ros_controller_manager
name="gazebo_ros_controller_manager"
plugin="libgazebo_ros_controller_manager.so">
         <alwaysOn>true</alwaysOn>
         <updateRate>100.0</updateRate>
         <interface:audio
name="gazebo_ros_controller_manager_dummy_iface" />
       </controller:gazebo_ros_controller_manager>

       <!-- gazebo_ros_p3d for position groundtruth -->
       <controller:gazebo_ros_p3d name="p3d_link1_controller"
plugin="libgazebo_ros_p3d.so">
           <alwaysOn>true</alwaysOn>
           <updateRate>100.0</updateRate>
           <bodyName>link1</bodyName>
           <topicName>link1_pose</topicName>
           <frameName>map</frameName>
           <interface:position name="p3d_link1_position"/>
       </controller:gazebo_ros_p3d>
   </gazebo>
   <!-- mechanism controls -->
   <include filename="./single_link.transmission.xacro" />

  for my model (see attached file rover.xml)?

And the problem with rviz still exist. All components are merged
together at one point and the model is white.

Thanks

Andreas

John Hsu schrieb:
> Hi Andreas,
> A simple example can be found here:
>
> roslaunch pr2_examples_gazebo single_link.launch
> roslaunch pr2_controller_manager controller_manager.launch
>
> then you can see your link in rviz
>
> rosrun rviz rviz
>
> Set fixed and target frames to /world and try sending a command to the
> controller by
>
> rostopic pub /test_controller/command std_msgs/Float64 0.1
>
> you should see the link approach target joint position in gazebo and
> in rviz.
> John
>
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Andreas Vogt <andreas.vogt at dfki.de
> <mailto:andreas.vogt at dfki.de>> wrote:
>

>     Hi,
>     Can anyone give me a short example (with one or two joints) how to
>     use URDF together with gazebo?
>     There are a lot of examples for the pr2 robot but no example how
>     to start with a simple and small system from the scratch.
>     I have a robot description in xml. I did all the parse and
>     checking stuff described in the tutorials. But now I want to read
>     and write angles to these joints which are described in the XML
>     file and want to see the movements in the simulation. How can I do
>     that?
>
>     Thanxs for any help
>     Andreas
>
>     I spawn the XML model of the robot sucessfully into gazebo but
>     when I start rviz all the tf's are missing.

  Andreas Vogt
  Logistics and Production Robotics

  DFKI Bremen
  Robotics Innovation Center