[ros-users] rosdep cannot resolve bluez

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri May 7 17:10:09 UTC 2010

Felix,

I would not expect the bluez error to cause the segfault.

To solve the rosdep issue, you need to add an appropriate rule for 10.04 in
joystick_drivers rosdep.yaml

Add the bluez package name in 10.04 to the below section.

bluez:
  ubuntu:
    '9.10': bluez
    '9.04': bluez
    '8.10': bluez
    '8.04': bluetooth

Tully

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Dejan Pangercic
<dejan.pangercic at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> could you try running demo.launch with gdb:
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/roslaunch/Tutorials/Roslaunch%20Nodes%20in%20Valgrind%20or%20GDB
> and provide back the backtrace an execution trace?
>
> cheers, D.
>
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Felix Ruess <felix.ruess at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just tried to install the dependencies for the turtle_tf tutorial via
> >  rosdep install turtle_tf
> > and got the following error:
> >  Failed to find rosdep bluez for package turtle_tf on OS:ubuntu
> version:10.04
> >  ERROR: ABORTING: Rosdeps [u'bluez'] could not be resolved
> >
> > As shown in the output I'm running lucid. Also the bluez package is
> > already installed, just rosdep can not resolve it somehow.
> > Works perfectly fine on my other (lucid) machine.... any ideas?
> >
> > Not sure if it is related to that but when I try the tutorial
> > $ roslaunch turtle_tf turtle_tf_demo.launch
> > it launches and displays the two turtles but then turtle_pointer dies:
> >  [turtle_pointer-6] process has died [pid 31095, exit code -4].
> > The logfile doesn't show any errors.
> >
> > I would appreciate any pointers in the right direction.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Felix

> MSc. Dejan Pangercic
> PhD Student/Researcher