[ros-users] rosdep cannot resolve bluez

Felix Ruess felix.ruess at gmail.com
Fri May 7 17:49:50 UTC 2010

Tully,

thanks for the hint! I did a svn up in joystick_drivers and there now
it is already added in the dep file :-)
And yes, that is not the problem causing the segfault.

Dejan,

finally found out how to debug the python program with gdb (removed
the node from the launch file and ran gdb python seperately).
here is the trace:

(gdb) run turtle_tf_listener.py __name:=turtle_listener
Starting program: /usr/bin/python turtle_tf_listener.py __name:=turtle_listener
[New Thread 0x25a8b70 (LWP 7159)]
[New Thread 0x2da9b70 (LWP 7160)]
[New Thread 0x35b6b70 (LWP 7161)]
[Thread 0x35b6b70 (LWP 7161) exited]
[New Thread 0x35b6b70 (LWP 7166)]
[New Thread 0x3db7b70 (LWP 7170)]
[New Thread 0x45b8b70 (LWP 7173)]
[New Thread 0x4db9b70 (LWP 7175)]
[Thread 0x45b8b70 (LWP 7173) exited]

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
[Switching to Thread 0x4db9b70 (LWP 7175)]
0x0051c203 in ros::TimeBase<ros::Time, ros::Duration>::fromSec
(obj=<Time at remote 0x89970cc>, rt=0x4db86e0) at
/home/flixr/ros/ros/core/roslib/include/ros/time.h:129
129	  T& fromSec(double t) { sec = (uint32_t)floor(t); nsec =
(uint32_t)round((t-sec) * 1e9);  return *static_cast<T*>(this);}

Cheers, Felix