[ros-users] values are zero in joint.h

Stuart Glaser sglaser at willowgarage.com
Tue May 11 23:19:53 UTC 2010

Hi Andreas,

Could you double check that no error messages are showing up in
rosout/rosconsole?  It's possible that the transmission didn't come up
correctly.

Let's also check if the actuator is changing.  Echo the
mechanism_statistics topic, and check the values for the actuator that
you're connecting too (joint_p-a1_motor).

Could you also re-post the configuration for your transmission with
the corrected joint/actuator values?

-Stu

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Andreas Vogt <andreas.vogt at dfki.de> wrote:
> hi,
> no it isn't I just forgot to edit the mail example.
>

> Am 10.05.2010 um 19:52 schrieb Wim Meeussen <meeussen at willowgarage.com>:
>
>>> <transmission name="joint_p-a1_trans" type="SimpleTransmission">
>>>                <actuator name="joint_p-a1_motor" />
>>>                <joint name="joint_p-a1" />
>>>                <mechanicalReduction>1</mechanicalReduction>
>>>                <motorTorqueConstant>1</motorTorqueConstant>
>>>    </transmission>
>>>
>>> in the yaml:
>>>
>>>  my_controller_ns:
>>>    type: MyControllerPlugin
>>>    wheel1: joint_c-w1
>>
>> The joint name in the transmission is different from the joint name in
>> the yaml. Could that be your problem?
>>
>> Wim
>>

>> --
>> --