[ros-users] Bad performances with cameradc1394

Shadow sacha at shadowrobot.com
Wed May 12 10:04:56 UTC 2010

Hi,
I am trying the camera1394 driver right now to see if the same problem
occurs, but I can not manage to display the frame with that driver using
opencv, like it was easy to do with cameradc.

I am using the latest Ubuntu with kernel 2.6.32-22, and here is my
firewire card :
00:08.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6306/7/8 [Fire
II(M)] IEEE 1394 OHCI Controller (rev c0)
00:09.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): NEC Corporation uPD72874 IEEE1394 OHCI 1.1
3-port PHY-Link Ctrlr (rev 01)

If there is any integrated solution to display the stream, let me know,
since the problem only occurs when it is displayed.

Thanks.