[ros-users] How to connect the transform between /robot_base and /map ?

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Wed May 12 17:09:53 UTC 2010

Ming,

If you're trying to set the global frame of the costmap to "world" instead
of "map" in the launch file you posted, you have a spelling mistake that
will keep this from happening. Specifically, "global_costmap/global_fram"
should be "global_costmap/global_frame" for things to work. Also, if you're
trying to build up your own launch files for a robot, you'll want to check
out the following tutorial:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation/Tutorials/RobotSetup. If you're just
trying to run navigation in stage, you might want to take a look at the
move_base_stage package to see some example configurations.

Hope this helps,

Eitan