[ros-users] iCreate Roomba with ROS

Trevor Jay tjay at cs.brown.edu
Fri May 14 16:39:29 UTC 2010

> Trevor, could you confirm or suggest the best way to move forward for
> Roomba support?

I'm not completely familiar with the Roomba's interface, but you
should only have to modify create.py . You'll need to redefine the
format of the sensor messages (lines 48-73) appropriately and you'll
need to change each of the __sendNow calls to use Roomba equivalents.

It shouldn't be too difficult. If we can help further, just let us
know. Of course we'd be be interested in seeing your patch too.
Ideally, a flag could be added to switch between the Create and
Roomba.

_Trevor