[ros-users] frame_id naming convention

John Hsu johnhsu at willowgarage.com
Sat May 15 00:00:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

As far as I know, PR2's tf tree is designed for transforms efficiency and
not meant to represent the PR2 kinematics structures.  Also, tf is exactly
the same whether you're running in simulation or on the robot.

There are various ways to see the PR2 kinematics tree structure, for example
you can use tools in urdf package:

rosmake urdf
rosrun xacro xacro.py `rospack find pr2_description`/robots/pr2.urdf.xacro >
/tmp/pr2.urdf
rosrun urdf urdf_to_graphviz /tmp/pr2.urdf
evince pr2.pdf

Regards,
John