[ros-users] Messaging Performance

Ingo Luetkebohle iluetkeb at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue May 18 20:05:48 UTC 2010

Hi Cedric,

On 05/18/2010 11:00 AM, Cedric Pradalier wrote:
> A couple of week ago, I've posted a pdf with performance evaluation for
> inter-node only using local TCP or Sharedmemory. I measured message
> delivery time, and message frequency, as a function of message size.
> Search for the "Shared memory image plugin" thread.

Thanks for the measurements, I've also been interested in that.

One of the things I noticed on that plot is that the variability is
fairly large, even without compression (which might be expected to be
non-deterministic). Is that standard deviation or another statistic?

cheers,

--
Dipl.-Inform. Ingo Lütkebohle
Bielefeld University, Germany