[ros-users] ros debian

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Thu May 27 21:37:44 UTC 2010

Narasimhan,

I notice that it fails when the request tries to get an https URL.  in a
browser if you go to a project like ROS on code.ros.org and click on the SVN
link, can you browse the code?  Like here:
https://code.ros.org/gf/project/ros/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=/stacks/ros/trunk/

If not can you browse any other SSL encrypted sites?

Tully

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Narasimhan <narasimhan1990 at yahoo.co.in>wrote:

> this is the real problem that occurs when we try to install
> wget --no-check-certificate http://ros.org/rosinstall -O ~/rosinstall
> "--2010-05-27 22:28:35--  http://ros.org/rosinstall
> Resolving ros.org... 157.22.19.18
> Connecting to ros.org|157.22.19.18|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
> Location: http://www.ros.org/rosinstall [following]
> --2010-05-27 22:28:36--  http://www.ros.org/rosinstall
> Resolving www.ros.org... 157.22.19.18
> Reusing existing connection to ros.org:80.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
> Location:
> http://code.ros.org/svn/ros/installers/trunk/rosinstall/rosinstall
> [following]
> --2010-05-27 22:28:36--
> http://code.ros.org/svn/ros/installers/trunk/rosinstall/rosinstall
> Resolving code.ros.org... 157.22.19.21
> Connecting to code.ros.org|157.22.19.21|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
> Location:
> https://code.ros.org/svn/ros/installers/trunk/rosinstall/rosinstall
> [following]
> --2010-05-27 22:28:37--
> https://code.ros.org/svn/ros/installers/trunk/rosinstall/rosinstall
> Connecting to code.ros.org|157.22.19.21|:443 connection timed out"
>

> but when i execute the same command in my home i get connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
>
> all other websites connect in my college except code.ros.org. i don't know
> why. but i can open the website in browser.
>
> is it possible for me to download the files hosted in code.ros.org and
> install locally. i guess other websites connect without any problems.
> anyway
> i'll confirm tomo whether other sites connect in terminal.

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.
tfoote at willowgarage.com