[ros-users] ros debian

Narasimhan narasimhan1990 at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 27 17:08:56 UTC 2010

this is the real problem that occurs when we try to install
wget --no-check-certificate http://ros.org/rosinstall -O ~/rosinstall
"--2010-05-27 22:28:35--  http://ros.org/rosinstall
Resolving ros.org... 157.22.19.18
Connecting to ros.org|157.22.19.18|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://www.ros.org/rosinstall [following]
--2010-05-27 22:28:36--  http://www.ros.org/rosinstall
Resolving www.ros.org... 157.22.19.18
Reusing existing connection to ros.org:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://code.ros.org/svn/ros/installers/trunk/rosinstall/rosinstall
[following]
--2010-05-27 22:28:36--
http://code.ros.org/svn/ros/installers/trunk/rosinstall/rosinstall
Resolving code.ros.org... 157.22.19.21
Connecting to code.ros.org|157.22.19.21|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location:
https://code.ros.org/svn/ros/installers/trunk/rosinstall/rosinstall
[following]
--2010-05-27 22:28:37--
https://code.ros.org/svn/ros/installers/trunk/rosinstall/rosinstall
Connecting to code.ros.org|157.22.19.21|:443 connection timed out"

but when i execute the same command in my home i get connected.

all other websites connect in my college except code.ros.org. i don't know
why. but i can open the website in browser.

is it possible for me to download the files hosted in code.ros.org and
install locally. i guess other websites connect without any problems. anyway
i'll confirm tomo whether other sites connect in terminal.