[ros-users] turtle_teleop package install

ibwood ianbenjiman at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 22:41:07 UTC 2010

Tully, I have responded inline.

Tully Foote wrote:

> Ian,
> Velocity.h is an autogenerated file in the turtlesim package.  You need to
> make sure that turtlesim was compiled.  Did you rosmake whatever you're
> trying to compile?

I have tried to compile turtle_teleop using rosmake but these errors come
up:

 CMake Error: The current CMakeCache.txt directory
/home/ian/ros/ros/ros_tutorials/turtlesim/build/CMakeCache.txt is different
than the directory /home/ian/ros/ros/ros-pkg/ros_tutorials/turtlesim/build
where CMackeCache.txt was created. This may result in binaries being created
in the wrong place. If you are not sure, reedit the CMakeCache.txt
  CMake Error: The source
"/home/ian/ros/ros/ros_tutorials/turtlesim/CMakeLists.txt" does not match
the source
"/home/ian/ros/ros/ros-pkg/ros_tutorials/turtlesim/CMakeLists.txt" used to
generate cache.  Re-run cmake with a different source directory.

Tully Foote wrote:

> The other headers are system headers in libc6-dev on debian systems.  Do
> you
> not have all the ROS prerequisites installed?

It said in the tutorial to install boxturtle-base, but no directions were
provided. I would assume I could get the Velocity.h header file from here?
It was the only prerequisite to install.

-Ian