[ros-users] Error installing ROS in Debian

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri May 28 08:35:48 UTC 2010

Hi Gorka,

The ROS os detection uses "lsb_release -si" and "lsb_release -sc" when
trying to detect Debian.  Can you send what the results are of those
commands?  It's expecting "Debian"  for the issue.

Please note that Debian is only partially tested.  You will likely need to
add a few rosdep rules to rosdep.yaml files.  There is documentation at
http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosdep  and the tutorial
http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosdep/Tutorials/Add%20new%20OS%20to%20rosdep.yaml
tells
you how to extend any rosdep for a particular distro. If you do end up
needing to extend rosdep.yaml files in stacks.  Please submit back patches
to the stacks you have to patch so others don't have to do the same thing (
there are tracs for each of the projects at https://code.ros.org)

Tully

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer