[ros-users] Important Navigation Message

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Fri May 28 17:33:03 UTC 2010

Hitesh,

It is definitely possible that the robot overshoots the path with incorrect
acceleration limits because the robot will assume that it can slow down
faster than it actually can. When running the planning loop at a reasonable
speed, this problem will be somewhat mitigated because the planner always
takes the velocity of the robot reported by odometry into account when
creating a new plan rather than the velocity it last commanded, but I
wouldn't be surprised to see degraded performance.

Eitan