[ros-users] Problem with adding cUrl in ROS package

Aidin Sadighi sadighi at usc.edu
Thu Nov 11 06:34:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a problem with adding cUrl into my ros package. I am using Eclipse
for C/C++ Programmers Version: Helios Service Release and I am using C
Turtle latest version.
I am able to compile, run, and debug a ROS package in Eclipse but problem is
I am getting compile error for cURL as following:

undefined reference to `curl_easy_cleanup'

I know I need to add "-L/path/to/dir/with/libcurl -lcurl" to the linker but
the problem is I can not find any place in Eclipse and/or ROS makefiles to
specify this.
I know if i go to Project -> Properties , I am supposed to see C++ Builder
and I could add this in there but I can not find it.

Also I believe beside Eclipse, I still need to add
"-L/path/to/dir/with/libcurl -lcurl" somewhere within my ROS package so it
can be compiled just with Make command.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me,
thanks
Aidin