[ros-users] Help with OccupancyGrid or other maps

ibrahim.awwal at berkeley.edu ibrahim.awwal at berkeley.edu
Sat Nov 20 00:34:16 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get started with the PR2 and moving the base
around, using the pr2_2dnav_slam package. I'm running SLAM and I've
subscribed to the map topic which gives messages of the form OccupancyGrid,
but I can't figure out what format the data is in, or specifically how it's
indexed. How do I index the array to get at a specific point? Or is there a
better way to get at a map of the world around the PR2? Thanks,

-Ibrahim
Awwal