[ros-users] Help with OccupancyGrid or other maps

ibrahim.awwal at berkeley.edu ibrahim.awwal at berkeley.edu
Sat Nov 20 00:35:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:34:16 -0800,  wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to
get started with the PR2 and moving the base around, using the
pr2_2dnav_slam package. I'm running SLAM and I've subscribed to the map
topic which gives messages of the form OccupancyGrid, but I can't figure
out what format the data is in, or specifically how it's indexed. How do I
index the array to get at a specific point? Or is there a better way to get
at a map of the world around the PR2? Thanks,

-Ibrahim Awwal

Oh, I'm
using rospy by the way. I could use roscpp if necessary but I would prefer
not to. Thanks!

-Ibrahim Awwal