[ros-users] C Turtle Debians for Kinect, Maverick

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Thu Nov 25 07:51:04 UTC 2010

We have released debian packages for the kinect stack on C Turtle and have
also added Ubuntu Maverick compatibility.  We hope that this will make it
easier to play with ROS and the Kinect over your Thanksgiving holidays ;).

We made a major breakthrough with the kinect driver -- we have figured out
how to get the IR image.  You can see an example here:

http://www.ros.org/news/2010/11/some-ros-treats-for-thanksgiving.html

We've already used the IR image to do monocular and stereo calibration using
the ROS calibration tools, and will soon have RGB/depth calibration for you
to play with as well.

Happy Thanksgiving!