[ros-users] Tutorial on Cross-Compilation of ROS for Aldebaran's Nao robot

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 19:38:36 UTC 2010

Hi Daniel,

Nice work!

I was wondering if you'd like to help accumulate some of the good work
in eros (http://www.ros.org/wiki/eros). I've got some cmake toolchain
modules there as well as ros build recipes for apr, log4cxx and the
like. Ideally if we get enough exposure and testing done there, future
users shouldn't have to worry about configuring their toolchains,
manually downloading and patching rosdeps (I'm working towards a
simple 'rosmake eros_apr' and the like) or complicated build scripts
that are quickly out of date. I also would like to patch ros as much
as the embedded community can so we can in future, guarantee a smooth
cross-compile for the more official ros stacks.

In particular, what would be good:

- a nao specific cmake toolchain module
- checking if the rosdep packages (eros_apr etc) work out of the box for you
- working on patches for bullet and tf that we can submit to the guys at willow.

I'm usually around on IRC on freenode (#eros) if you would like to chat.

Cheers!
Daniel Stonier.

--
Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/