[ros-users] ROS Tutorial under OSX 10.6

Nicholas Butko nbutko at ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 4 14:29:54 UTC 2010

Another looming OSX problem is Java.

Apple just deprecated support for Java, and changed the way that java is installed on the system.

One immediate consequence of this is that the way cmake is built from macports is now broken, because cmake is checking a hardcoded path to jni.h, and it moved.

Hopefully this will get fixed quickly, because it is an easy fix. But going forward (e.g. in 10.7), even this might not work since there will be no standard java install. So I expect things to get a little rougher for building cmake.

Hopefully the people who make cmake will be on top of this, but it is hard to tell. It seems like they charge $200 to file a bug report.

--Nick