[ros-users] GPS measurements on PR2 Simulator in Gazebo

Tina Chou tina20one at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 23:37:59 UTC 2010

Hi Tully,

Thanks for your response. I am trying to mount a GPS unit on the PR2 Robot
(simulated in Gazebo) so I can publish the current latitude and longitude
with respect to fixed world coordinates. Our robot will navigate through a
static environment based on GPS data (not based on odometry data). I went
through the navigation stack tutorials, but they only provide information
about how to implement a GPS client for a physical GPS unit on a physical
PR2. Please let me know if you have any resources for a publisher that
publishes GPS coordinates (longitude, latitude) in simulation.

Thanks,

Tina