[ros-users] Is pr2_arm_navigation_actions package used for all arms?

Gil Jones gjones at willowgarage.com
Wed Nov 10 17:23:22 UTC 2010

Safdar,

Any package or stack with a 'pr2_' prefix has been deemed by us to be in
some measure pr2 specific.  While some folks have successfully used 'pr2_'
prefixed packages on their own robots, it's generally a better idea to avoid
them if you can.  In this case, the 'pr2_arm_navigation' stack is an
application that builds on all of our arm navigation stacks.  It's
essentially just a set of launch and yaml files that are put together to
configure our arm navigation packages for use on the pr2.  You will almost
certainly need your own set of launch and yaml files to make everything work
on a katana arm.  Unfortunately, we haven't yet put together a tutorial for
getting all of the pieces necessary to run move_arm working on a new robot,
but if you have a urdf for the katana then I suggest looking through the
pr2_arm_navigation packages and starting to formulate what the equivalent
entries would look like for your robot - the individual packages in
motion_planning_environment and arm_navigation should have all the necessary
documentation in terms of parameterization.  And you can of course write
back to ros-users if you have any specific questions.

-Gil

--
E. Gil Jones (gjones at willowgarage.com)
Research Engineer