[ros-users] Runtime remap

Mike Purvis mpurvis at clearpathrobotics.com
Thu Nov 11 20:31:32 UTC 2010

Okay, sweet, thanks very much for the suggestion. That will be a big
improvement--- there are so many packages in ROS, it's sometimes hard to
know when to look for a generic version of what you need versus just rolling
a quickie new one.

Teleop seems to be another one of those cases, where individual platforms
have their own nodes for it--- there used to be a teleop_base, but now it's
deprecated in favour of pr2_teleop, nxt_teleop, etc. So we have our own
Clearpath teleop node, but it seems like the basic functionality of turning
Joy messages on /joy to appropriately scaled Twist messages on /cmd_vel
should be fairly easy to generalize.

Mike