[ros-users] Remote simple action clients

Dejan Pangercic dejan.pangercic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 10:20:20 UTC 2010

Did u try setting ROS_IP? d.

On Nov 12, 2010 4:34 PM, "Daniel Stonier" <d.stonier at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting simple action clients to work across a
remote connection.

I've got roscore running on an embedded board, everything fine and
locally contactable there. However, over the LAN (exporting
ROS_MASTER_URI appropriately) I can publish and subscribe to topics,
call services, but I can't do the following with a simple action
client:

       typedef
actionlib::SimpleActionClient<manipulation_comms::MoveArmAction>
ActionClient;
       ActionClient action_client("/move_arm");

       if ( !action_client.waitForServer( ros::Duration(1.5)) ) {
               ROS_WARN_STREAM("Could not connect to the move_arm action
server.");
       } else {
               ROS_INFO_STREAM("Connected to the move_arm action server.");
       }

Is this expected?

Regards,
Daniel Stonier

--
Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/