[ros-users] Kinect for ROS (ccny-ros-pkg)

Ivan Dryanovski ivan.dryanovski at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 16:47:46 UTC 2010

Thanks Stefan

I wrote an rviz patch for the coloring that adds a new color mode (Height map):

https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/ticket/4278

The patch actually allows coloring by "z" value. We tweaked it for the
Kinect video to color by "y". You can change which axis you want to
color by if you edit these lines in the patch:

473	    min_height_current = std::min(min_height_current, pos.y);
474	    max_height_current = std::max(max_height_current, pos.y);
475
476	    heights.push_back(pos.y);

Change the pos.y to pos.x or pos.z for different effects

Ivan Dryanovski