[ros-users] roslaunch for multiple machines

chris_li gang.li at okstate.edu
Wed Nov 17 21:04:56 UTC 2010

Hi Ken,

If I want to set ROS_IP in my shell, I think I can not write in my ~/.bashrc
since it is ignored in roslaunch, does it mean that I have to write in my
setup.sh ?

In my launch file, I have been using:

<env name="ROS_MASTER_URI" value="http://192.168.1.122:11311"> and
<env name="ROS_IP" value="192.168.1.100 or 122">

to set ROS_IP and ROS_MASTER_URI,  but they do not seem to be recognized.

I noticed that in other posts for multiple roslaunch, people do not set
ROS_MASTER_URI or ROS_IP.  Is it the right way? I am kinda lost here.
~
Chris