[ros-users] Clearing old obstacles from costmap

zdydek zac at mit.edu
Wed Nov 17 23:43:53 UTC 2010

Yes, rotating the robot does not clear them out (unless I rotate to a
configuration where another farther away obstacle appears behind the phantom
obstacle). Translating the robot towards the obstacle does not clear them
out either until the robot almost drives on top of them. I am using a Hokuyo
URG and a fairly coarse (0.05 m/pix) map resolution.

I've read some of your other posts suggesting a filtered laser signal used
for clearing that converts max_range signals to slightly less than
max_range. Would that be applicable to my situation? Is there another option
that might be easier to implement?

Thanks,

-Zac