[ros-users] Experimental Results Repository

Ivan Dryanovski ivan.dryanovski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 01:22:06 UTC 2010

I'm sorry to go back to this thread, but I am still having issues with
the rosinstall tool.

I have the following lines in my rosconfig file that I am passing to
ROS Install:

- git:
    uri: http://robotics.ccny.cuny.edu/git/ccny-ros-exp.git
    version: master
    local-name: ccny-ros-exp
- git:
    uri: http://robotics.ccny.cuny.edu/git/ccny-ros-pkg.git
    version: ICRA2011
    local-name: ccny-ros-pkg

The first on works fine. When the installer attempts to check out the
he second one, it produces this error:

fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching
branches/forcing
Did you intend to checkout 'ICRA2011' which can not be resolved as commit?
ERROR: Failed to install tree '/home/idryanov/icra2011_ccny/ccny-ros-pkg'
 vcs not setup correctly.

A quick search on the issue gives me this:

http://www.skrinakcreative.com/wp/2008/11/fatal-git-checkout-problem-resolved/

The comments suggest pulling first, and then checking out the desired
branch. How does rosinstall handle it?
Any help would be appreciated

Ivan