[ros-users] Is the Gazebo simulation GPU bound?

Ibrahim Awwal ibrahim.awwal at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 12 05:54:37 UTC 2010

  Hi guys,
I'm just wondering, how much does the Gazebo simulation stuff,
specifically for the PR2, depend on the GPU? I've got a laptop with
hybrid/switchable graphics, i.e. Intel integrated + ATI discrete, and
right now ATI's Linux drivers don't support switchable graphics
properly, so I'm stuck with the Intel integrated, and I get about 5fps
in the gazebo simulation. Also, I frequently get crashes where it says
something about OGRE running out of memory. Is it supposed to be much
faster, or even basically real time? Thanks,

-Ibrahim Awwal