[ros-users] Hardware requirements for ROS

ian_wk i2rshuttle at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 05:38:13 UTC 2010

Hi community,

I was wondering is there any minimum hardware requirements needed to run
ROS.
Let's say the most basic function --> run a robot with navigation stack.
I have search through this forum but to no avail.

Currently, I have the same configuration for my icore7 and Intel Atom 1.6Ghz
I noticed alot of warning message when I run using Intel Atom.
E.g. Costmap2DROS transform timeout & Map update loop missed

Is there any solution to reduce/eliminate the warning message?
I understand that we can sort of reduce the frequency.
My current tf tree
map --> odom Avg rate: 40Hz
odom--> base_link Avg rate: 20Hz
base_link --> laser Avg rate: 20Hz

The odom --> base_link --> laser tf with frequency of 20Hz is set by me. I
guessed that the only frequency to reduce will be the map-->odom which is
published by amcl. How do we go about doing it?

By reducing the amcl publishing rate, what will be effect?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Ian_wk