[ros-users] Retrieving log level at runtime

Stéphane Magnenat stephane.magnenat at mavt.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 13 07:10:06 UTC 2010

Hello,

I would like to retrieve the log level at runtime. I want to do so
because I have (aseba) messages that I have to dump into a
std::ostringstream prior to print their content on a ROS_DEBUG_STREAM.
Of course, I would like to perform this dump operation only if the
logging level is currently debug. Is there a public API to do so? If
not, what is the internal variable to check, and how stable will it be?
I did not find the answer to this question in the rosconsole
documentation nor in the mailing list archive.

Thank you, best regards,

Stéphane

--
Dr Stéphane Magnenat