[ros-users] rosbag play help

Peshala Jayasekara peshala_24 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 07:30:47 UTC 2010

Thanks Patrick.
It worked.

________________________________
From: Patrick Mihelich <mihelich at willowgarage.com>
To: User discussions <ros-users at code.ros.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 15:53:42
Subject: Re: [ros-users] rosbag play help

Instead of changing the bag file time stamps, you should use simulated time. See
http://www.ros.org/wiki/Clock.

Short version:
 - Before launching any nodes, set parameter /use_sim_time to True.
 - Use the --clock option of rosbag play.

Then rosbag will publish the simulated time on the /clock topic. All nodes using
ROS time will use the simulated time instead of wall-clock time.

Cheers,
Patrick

Hi all,