[ros-users] trigger goal from inside actionlib server

Axelrod, Benjamin baxelrod at irobot.com
Mon Oct 18 16:06:32 UTC 2010

I have an actionlib server and I would like to be able to trigger its
own goal.  I don't need any callbacks for goal accepted, feedback, or
even result.  I just want to manually set the server to be active.  Is
this possible?  I can't figure out a way to do this.

It might be nice if  actionlib::SimpleActionServer::acceptNewGoal() was
overloaded to accept a goal parameter.  That would set the server
active, but with NULL callbacks.

Thanks,

-Ben

Ben Axelrod