[ros-users] Eclipse projects

Aditya Gadre agadre at vt.edu
Thu Oct 21 02:31:10 UTC 2010

I have a question about "make eclipse-project" command. I created a
package which has a number of CMakeLists.txt files as follows -

gps (package_dir)
     - CMakeLists.txt ( with add_subdirectory(src) )
     - src (directory)
         - CMakeLists.txt (with add_subdirectory(gps) and
add_subdirectory(node))
         - gps (directory)
             - CMakeLists.txt (with add_library)
         - node (directory)
             - CMakeLists.txt (with add_executable)

When I run "rosmake gps", all CMakeFiles directories and other related
CMake files are under the "build" directory as expected for an
out-of-source build. However, when I run "make eclipse-project", then
CMakeFiles directories, along with other CMake files are created in
directories that contain CMakeLists.txt files. The ROS wiki mentions the
work-around used by "make eclipse-project". Are all CMakeFiles folders
created outside the build directory a result of this work-around?

Thanks,
- Aditya