[ros-users] Stereo image to Point cloud

Caroline Pantofaru pantofaru at willowgarage.com
Fri Oct 8 16:11:52 UTC 2010

Hi Debjyoti

I'm not quite sure that I understand your question, so here are two possible
alternatives:
1. If you want to associate points in the 3D cloud with real pixels in the
image, look at the points2 message (of type PointCloud2) that
stereo_image_proc publishes. The points in the points2 message are arranged
in an array that corresponds to the original image array, so points[x][y]
corresponds to image[x][y].
2. If you want to project a new point in space onto the image, look at the
image_geometry package (http://www.ros.org/wiki/image_geometry).

Hope that helps
-Caroline