[ros-users] Navigation Goal

safdar_zaman safdaraslam at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 14:33:44 UTC 2010

Hi Eitan,
thanks. When I sent goal (1 meter forward) via simple_navigation_goals node
through code. Then Robot started rotating on its place and did not move 1
meter forward. Then I again started every thing and opened rviz, Then i gave
it initial pose by clicking on 2D initial pose button and clicking on the
map. After this I resent goal (1 meter forward) via simple_navigation_goals
node through code. This time Robot moved straight but not one meter (almost
1/4 meter then stopped). So I want to know
1. how to give initial pose without clicking on rviz.
2. why Robot moved less than one meter.

thanks and regards