[ros-users] Navigation Goal

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Wed Oct 13 20:19:15 UTC 2010

Safdar,

You can set the initialpose through code by publishing a
PoseWithCovarianceStamped message, see:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/amcl#Subscribed_Topics.

When you say the robot moves 1/4 meter and then stops, can you give a bit
more information. Does move_base abort? Or does it claim to succeed on its
goal? Are there obstacles in rviz that prevent the base from moving the full
meter? Are you using the exact code in the tutorial? Or have you made
modifications? Etc.

Hope all is well,

Eitan