[ros-users] two robot_state_publishers?

Axelrod, Benjamin baxelrod at irobot.com
Tue Oct 19 13:48:20 UTC 2010

Thanks for the tips.  I gave it a second try and things seem to be working fine now.  I think it was just a tf issue.  I needed to add a transform between the robot and sim trees.

    tf::Transform transform;
    transform.setOrigin( tf::Vector3(0, 0, 0) );
    transform.setRotation( tf::Quaternion(0, 0, 0, 1) );
    br.sendTransform(tf::StampedTransform(transform,
                                          ros::Time::now(),
                                          "worldBase",
                                          "robot/base"));
    br.sendTransform(tf::StampedTransform(transform,
                                          ros::Time::now(),
                                          "worldBase",
                                          "sim/base"));

Also, how can I provide a tf prefix for the /robot_description parameter?  Now, my Robot Model in rviz doesn't display my robot because of this error: "No transform from [base] to [/worldBase]".

Thanks,
-Ben