[ros-users] Simple action client - querying its status

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Fri Oct 22 17:38:24 UTC 2010

Daniel,

If your goal is to check whether or not an action server is processing a
goal, there's no tool currently to give you that information. It would be
simple to write something that listens to status and lets you know if any
goals for a given server are marked as active, and it wouldn't be
unreasonable to put this logic into the action client. You should feel free
to create a ticket for this feature request. With that said, action servers
have a number of different policies when it comes to handling goals, as
Blaise mentioned, and will do different things when you send a goal to them.
I can, however, see use cases where you might not want to send a goal to an
action server when it is already processing a request.

Hope all is well,

Eitan