No subject

Tue Sep 21 18:39:23 UTC 2010

to be 640x480, then Microsoft reportedly "downgraded" to 320x240 for
cost reasons (see
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=3Dchrome&ie=3DUTF-8&q=3Dkinect+downgr=
aded+to+320x240).
Now the sensor appears to deliver 640x480 again, which might or might
not be just blown up 320x240on the onboard ASIC.

> 2. What is the relationship between the values in the depth_frame and
> the distance in meters? It doesn't appear to be linear
That=B4s really the interesting question, along with others like how to
calibrate visual and depth image to get real RGB-D data. With the
current state of affairs one can generate some impressive looking
images, but to leverage the full potential of the sensor these
calibration questions really have to be solved.

> 3. I read somewhere the device's range can be set dynamically. I'm
> guessing one of the inits in inits.c could be responsible for the
> range.
That=B4s more stuff that will probably be discovered in the coming
days/weeks. Still very impressive how good the sensor works already
right out of the box.