[ros-users] Nav Stack with nonholonomic robots

Steven Martin s34.martin at connect.qut.edu.au
Thu Sep 2 02:11:20 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,

I have the Nav stack running on a couple of irobot creates we have in our lab and I have implemented my own global path planner using some optimal control stuff I have been working on. However the local DWA path planning really doesn't do a very good job at following the global path. I have had a bit of a look through the source and the paper on DWA and it should work fine for the nonholonomic robots.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a set of parameters for the local planner? And can anyone else comment on the performance of the Nav Stack on the creates?

Cheers

Steven Martin
steven.martin at qut.edu.au

PhD Student