[ros-users] startup with ROS

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Tue Sep 7 19:11:02 UTC 2010

Hi Henry,

I'm glad you're interested in learning and contributing.  The wiki is and
will remain the primary reference for ROS, because it is accessible, easily
updated and a community effort to maintain.  We are in the process of
putting together more serialized documentation such as a manual/user guide
however most of it will be sourced from the wiki. You can find a relatively
comprehensive overview of ROS and it's concepts on the wiki at
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Introduction

Tully

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:55 AM, Henry Acevedo <henryacev at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  So far I have been testing the NXT-ROS package, and I find it great, the
> samples and totorials are very useful, however, I would like to know more
> and read more, and I would like to know if anyone can recommend some good
> literature to get more information and knowledge not only in ROS but in the
> concepts that anyone interested in ROS need to master to become not only a
> developer but more as an creative member of ROS comunity.
>
> As per my computer science backgorund, its easy to me to learn python
> (although my current line of work if Information security) and I think if I
> can master ROS and all its philosophy I will be able to also eveluate the
> securtiy of the system and why not help (in my spare time) to recommend
> security changes.
>
> Thanks for any advice

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer