[ros-users] Nav Stack with nonholonomic robots

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Thu Sep 9 17:08:38 UTC 2010

Christian,

One thing that I should have mentioned is that the pose_follower allows the
robot to move backwards. It literally just tries to move from waypoint to
waypoint along the global plan, so its important that you run it with a
planner that specifies a meaningful orientation at each waypoint... navfn,
for example, does not produce plans with this information, but something
like the sbpl_lattice_planner would.  I wouldn't recommend using the
pose_follower unless its in conjunction with a global planner that takes the
robot's footprint into account.

If you're receiving the "Not legal" error that, at least in theory, means
that something is blocking the robot from proceeding along the path.

Hope this helps,

Eitan