[ros-users] Serial Port Problems

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Wed Sep 15 17:26:18 UTC 2010

Along the same lines, the hokuyo_node, and the microstrain_3dmgx_imu
node contain serial code that has proven to be fairly robust for us.
There may be code snippets in there that are revelant for you,
particularly pertaining to problems like:
- Locking the port.
- Timeouts.
- Not making the serial port become your controlling TTY (leads to
SIGHUP when you get unplugged).