[ros-users] Overlapping of map using slam_gmapping

Enea Scioni enea.scioni at student.unife.it
Tue Sep 28 18:31:13 UTC 2010

Hi Laura,

yes, I'm able to move my robot using my keyboard; in order to do that I use
the teleop_base package (
http://www.ros.org/browse/details.php?name=teleop_base ). It sends velocity
commands to your driver (geometry_msgs/Twist) to the p2os driver, that it
should "traslate" your command to p2os firmware command (and send it, of
course).
As first attempt, I suggest to set (into the code :( there's no parameter
for that) the max_speed (linear speed) and the max_turn (angular speed)
parameter, just for safety.

If you will have problem, just let's me know.

Enea Scioni