[ros-users] urdf and tf questions

Lorenz Mösenlechner moesenle at in.tum.de
Wed Sep 29 15:23:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

the common way is to run a robot_state_publisher which takes the joint
states on a topic and publishes the transforms. You find the corresponding
tutorial here:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/robot_state_publisher/Tutorials/Using%20the%20robot%20state%20publisher%20on%20your%20own%20robot

Lorenz

Lorenz Mösenlechner            | moesenle at in.tum.de
Technische Universität München | Boltzmannstr. 3
85748 Garching bei München     | Germany
http://ias.cs.tum.edu/         | Tel: +49 (89) 289-26910