[ros-users] New urdf_tools Package

David Lu!! davidvlu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 18:59:38 UTC 2010

Those names sound good. I'll change them in the next release.

Thinking about it now, easy_state_publisher does seem like a special
case of joint_controller. I never made the connection since I had
written the one in C++ and the other in Python. Similarly, it might
make more sense to change easy_tf_publisher to an option for
robot_state_publisher where it doesn't require joint_state messages,
and just publishes transforms with all the joint angles equal to zeros

Thanks for the feedback,
David!!