[ros-users] viewing usb webcam stream with rviz

Matt McLellan mattmclel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 09:28:53 UTC 2011

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with viewing a image stream from a usb
webcam?

I have the usb_cam node (part of the bosch_drivers package) running, but I
can't seem to view the video in rviz.  It gives me an error saying 'fixed
frame does not exist'.  I get the same error when I run the camera using the
uvc_camera node as well.

With both nodes, I can see that the camera is turned on (the led next to the
lens lights up), and I can display the raw image dump i a terminal, but what
is the best way to actually view the video?

Thanks.