[ros-users] Creating map with nxtros

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 20:49:10 UTC 2011

Hi Bünyamin,

First, could you ask this on answers.ros.org so that it can be more easily
indexed and searched for in the future?

Second, have you tried running your gmapping with the rosparam
"use_sim_time" set to true and "rosbag play --clock"? It looks like you
might just have troubles because the timestamps in the bagfile for tf data
correspond to when you recorded the data, but post-processing in gmapping
will only be buffer tf data that has timestamps that correspond to whenever
you are running the gmapping node. This tutorial has some guidance on
running gmapping on logged data:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/slam_gmapping/Tutorials/MappingFromLoggedData

- Eric