[ros-users] Getting joint limits from KDL tree?

Marcus Liebhardt marcus.liebhardt at pal-robotics.com
Tue Apr 5 09:56:27 UTC 2011

Hi!

AFAIK, a KDL::Tree does not save information about joint limits (please
correct me, if I am wrong). But if you only want to access the information
you already have in a URDF file, I also can recommend the implementation Tom
mentioned.

As an alternative I attached a code snippet about extracting information
(position and velocity limits) of the joints in a kdl tree from the
corresponding urdf model. This method was inspired and derived from the
already mentioned arm_kinematics class. But be aware, the attached code is
in an early development state! :-)

If you plan to do own development in this field, I would be interested in
sharing thoughts!

:-) Marcus